Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wish For You

A Setting Sun that pains a tie-dyed sky
A feather bed, an ancient lullaby
A kiss goodnight from one whose love is true
That's the kind of day I wish for you.

A field of flowers dancing in the spring
A little creek, a tree, an old rope swing
Cotton candy clouds against the blue
That's the kind of day I wish for you

First love with all its storm
Racing like fire within
Tossing your heart to change
You swear the dance will never end

But then it does and someone says goodbye
And after all those empty nights you cried
The morning that you wake up good as new
That's the kind of day I wish for you
by: Faith Hill
Fireflies Album
www.faithhill.com

3 comments:

Ryan and Lydia said...

that sounds like a sweet song, I haven't heard much from her new album. I hope you're doing well. We hope to call soon.
Love you!
Lyd

Sarah said...

Hi Amy! It's DeeDee! I love that song too...heard the sweetest story about the lady who wrote the words...She's a stay-at-home mom of 5 kids who's written songs for her family for years. Only recently has her husband pressed her to branch out a little with her music. In the meantime, Faith was ready to send her CD to production when someone gave her this lady's music. She recalled everything and included a bunch of this girl's stuff cause she liked it so much. I loved the fact that she made it "big" as a stay-at-home mom! By the way, my sisters, mom and I just saw Tim and Faith in concert...it was so much fun!!! Love you tons and hope to start up communications again! Sarah

AE said...

hey sarah!!! DEE DEE!... how are you!!! wow! it is so good to get a piece of news from you!
I heard you're pregnant with a second! WOW!!
how is little maddie doing????